Floors come in different kinds. There are marble, rubber, ceramic, stone, vinyl, laminate, and hardwood floors. Among these options, vinyl is gradually becoming a popular choice of homeowners.
Vinyl comes in either tile or sheet form and is among the more affordable types of flooring. With today’s embossed designs, this durable and ever-affordable flooring can look just as good as hardwood or even tile flooring. In addition, they can be installed easily by seasoned floor specialists.
With regards to the sheet variant, it is recommended that they be installed by professionals as they can be trickier to install. Vinyl tile flooring can be perfect depending on what you want and need. Here are some points to ponder to help you decide:
- They are resilient and bendable. They are incredibly durable because of their resistance to wear and tear.
- Vinyl flooring requires practically no maintenance. All you need in terms of upkeep are sweeping and the occasional mopping.
- They come in different shapes and sizes and you’ll have many choices.
- Vinyl floors are slightly softer as compared to tiles and hardwood, which makes for better standing during extended periods of time.
- Readying the subfloor primed can prove to be a tedious task.
- They’re not as shiny as ceramic, stone, or porcelain.
- Instant peel and stick tiles have a tendency to come loose. Just as easily, sharp objects can dent them. This can be countered by having a few replacement tiles of the same design in stock.
- Once installed, removing this flooring type can be quite difficult and time-consuming.
There are many other types available apart from vinyl flooring in Cambridge. With that said, choose the one that best suits your personal style and your budget. Make sure that your choice complements the rest of your house perfectly.