Vail is one of the favorite destinations of families and outdoor lovers. Families can choose from a wide array of activities to make their vacations as memorable and exciting as possible. Hiking, golfing, fishing, cultural festivals, skiing – all these await those who want the ultimate adventure during their vacation.
There is no doubt that a big percentage of visitors come to enjoy the challenge of Vail’s slopes. In fact, Vail Valley has grown rapidly to accommodate the country’s love for skiing. American Ski Exchange shares the many interesting facts that make Vail a year-round destination:
- Vail Ski Resort has 5,289 skiable acres. This is the largest single-mountain resort in the country.
- Skiing enthusiasts are thrilled with its vertical drop of 3,450 feet, with 31 lifts available for a most convenient experience.
- Beginners can ski all they want on well-tended slopes, while expert skiers can go for the downhill challenge of rugged runs. Everyone can have their choice from the 193 trails in the town’s ski resort.
- Even after a week’s stay, skiers will still be unable to go through the same trail twice.
- Frommer’s even states, “It is America’s top ski resort by practically any standard.”
- Vail has long been acclaimed as one of the finest skiing destinations in the world.
- It offers everything that a skier dreams of: first-class ski resorts, ideal snow conditions, and a diverse and breathtaking terrain.
- You can choose from a range of luxurious hotels and cozy lodges, with dozens of restaurants that indulge visitors.
- Find a multitude of locations of ski rentals in Vail. Services like ski delivery, free ski rental storage, and a selection of the latest gear are available to complete your adventure. Most establishments even accept advanced reservations to avoid the inconvenience of long lines upon arrival.
At the end of your short stay, you will discover that you have only had a small taste of everything that Vail offers. Knowing there are so many more activities to do and places to explore, anyone would want to extend or plan a return trip to this quaint destination.